Monday, January 26th: STATE OF EMERGENCY - BLIZZARD WARNING
Gov. Christie has declared a statewide State of Emergency. Residents should remain off the roads and expect heavy snow and high winds beginning later tonight.
All vehicles must be removed from the streets to facilitate snow-removal efforts. Vehicles should remain off the streets until snow plowing is completed. Vehicles remaining on the street will be ticketed and towed.
JCP&L has activated its storm restoration plan and has additional line and forestry crews on stand-by to respond should outages occur.
Customers who are without power are encouraged to call 1-888-LIGHTS (1-888-544-4877) to report their outage or click the “Report Outage” link on www.firstenergycorp.com. Customers should immediately report downed wires to JCP&L or their local police department. Customers should never go near a downed power line, even if they think it is no longer carrying electricity. Extra caution should be used in areas where downed lines are tangled in trees or other debris.
For updated information on the company’s current outages, FirstEnergy’s storm restoration process and tips for staying safe, visit the 24/7 Power Center at www.firstenergycorp.com/outages.
- Garbage collection scheduled for Tuesday has been canceled.
- Recycling collection scheduled for Wednesday has been canceled.
- The Recycling Center is closed until further notice.
- All Community Center activities scheduled for Tuesday are canceled.
- Monday, Jan. 26th Mayor & Borough Council meeting has been canceled.
- Homestead Tax Benefit - The application deadline has been extended to January 31, 2014.
Applications were mailed to property owners from the New Jersey
Division of Taxation in October. To file applications online: www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/relief.shtml Most eligible homeowners will receive their Homestead Benefit as a credit on a future property tax bill instead of by check (or direct deposit).
- Poll Workers Wanted - The
Monmouth County Board of Elections is looking for Election Day poll
workers. Applications are available at the Municipal Building (555
Brighton Avenue) at the Board of Elections office in Freehold or can be
- To register for Emergency Notification telephone messages, or edit/delete your notification information: